Alaka’i Na Keiki was co-founded in 1996 by Dr. Linda Hufano and Dr. Richard Kravetz. Together Drs. Hufano and Kravetz, Hawaii-licensed psychologists, bring an extensive experience of service provision and administrative oversight to the delivery of mental health services for children, youth, adults and their families.
Alaka’i Na Keiki – Guiding your Child to Success
The Mission of Alaka’i Na Keiki is to provide state-of-the-art psychological and educational services for children, adolescents, and adults. Through evidence-based, outcomes-oriented assessment and interventions, our goals are to improve the person’s overall functioning and sense of well-being.
We see ourselves as:
- an organization recognized for its clinical expertise, program excellence and accountability;
- a major provider of behavioral health and instructional services in Hawaii;
- an organization recognized for its responsiveness to a diverse clientele, including especially the underserved or “difficult to treat”;
- a major resource for the training and ongoing professional development of professional and paraprofessional service providers in the State of Hawaii.
- in continually striving to deliver the very best clinical care possible;
- in being cognizant of the needs of all stakeholders;
- in planning that focuses on the strengths of the individual served, his/her family and community
- in treating others as we like to be treated, with respect and dignity;
- in providing outcomes-oriented services that are in accord with evidence-based practice findings;
- in continuous improvement in both organizational management and service delivery;
- in conducting program evaluation, and education with the utmost integrity;
- in providing services and programs that are accountable and cost-effective.